Nomination Criteria for Honorary Life Membership for the Creston Curling Club
This is a very PRESTIGIOUS AWARD! An honorary Life membership should not be awarded because a member has worked for one or two years only or has become a curling champ!
Nominations should consider the following criteria and include examples where possible.
- A dedicated long term member who is entering their senior years of curling, a member who has consistently and unselfishly worked and curled for many years,
- A member who has helped in the building and maintenance of the club, for example, helping with the ice installation and removal, decorating and painting or cleaning,
- A member who has helped with club activities, for example, bonspiels, play-downs, bar duty
- A member who has served on the club executive or as a Club/Competitive coach,
- A member who has helped to promote and encourage curling by taking in new curlers, and by participating in local and out-of-town functions,
- A member who is consistently a good Sport in all situations, is respectful of people and property on and off the ice!
Please submit Nominations in writing to the Club’s email to the attention of the Board Secretary.
Honorary Lifetime Member Rewards
A member who is awarded an Honorary Lifetime Membership shall not be required to pay fees to curl in regular leagues. This fee exemption does not apply to bonspiels and other special events.
An Honorary Lifetime Member will be entitled to attend and vote at all annual, general, and special meetings of the Club and hold office therein and to exercise all Club privileges for their lifetime.
An Honorary Lifetime Member will have their name displayed on the ‘Honorary Lifetime Member’ Plaque located in the 9th End Lounge.
Creston Curling Club Honorary Lifetime Members:
FAYE FARSTAD, ALF FARSTAD, DALE FORSLUND, ANNIE HOULE, RUSS JOYCE
TED KINSMEN, MARGARET MARSHALL, FRED MARTELLO, STU PENSON, ART REID
OLIVER RINGHEIM, RALPH RINGSTAD, PERCY ROBINSON, GINO SALVADOR, SLAM SALVADOR
RANDY SCOTT, JOHN SHUKIN, BILL SALEKEN, ROY STAPLES, ALAN STAPLES
FRANK STAPLES, FRANK STEWART, KEN VANDERHUFF, ALAN WATTS
2012: EVELYN TINGLEY, HARRY TINGLEY
2013: LARRY BOUCHARD, SALLY MCGREGOR, MARY SCHMELZEL, BOB THOMPSON
2016: JEANNIE LONGHURST, REG LONGHURST
2017: DAVE DYCK